Cool Ideas for Summer Party Room Rentals in Ottawa
Here are three cool ideas for a hot summer that could make the perfect theme for party room rentals in Ottawa! With tips for decorations and dress-up, not to mention delicious and simple recipes, your next party is sure to be a hit with the kids!
Get ready for the greatest celebration in Ottawa with a kooky carnival theme!
- Decorations: Flag banners, balloons
- Dress-Up: Clown costume, face paint
- Gift Bag: Spinning tops, party blowers, bubbles
- Food: Popcorn machine, cotton candy
Recipe: Corn dogs
- 1-12 oz. package of hot dogs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil
- Lollipop sticks
- Slice each hot dog in half and insert a lollipop stick in the cutoff end.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk together and then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir with spoon until mixed.
- Add 4 inches of oil to deep fryer and heat until 360 degrees.
- Dip each hot dog into batter and place into fryer for three minutes.
- Put finished hot dogs on paper plate and repeat.
Under the Sea Party
Put on your flippers and head to your party room rental for an under the sea party!
- Decorations: Butterfly nets, jelly fish lanterns
- Dress-Up: Decorate King and Queen of the sea crowns
- Gift Bag: Sand pails and shovels, Swedish fish
- Food: Sand pail snacks—pretzels, popcorn, cheese puffs, blue Jell-O
Recipe: Starfish Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 9 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ pounds cheddar cheese, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut butter into the mixture to make a meal. Press a well in the center of the mixture and pour in milk and mix with fork.
- Place dough on floured surface and form a 6-inch circle. Roll dough until it is 1/3-inch thick. Cut out stars with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet.
- Brush each star with milk and sprinkle cornmeal on top. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut cheese into star shapes. Slice each biscuit crosswise. Spread mayonnaise on one half and top with cheese star. Cover with other half and serve.
Rock your party room rental with a luau party!
- Decorations: Inflatable pool with beach balls, green and blue streamers
- Dress-Up: Hula skirts, leis, Hibiscus flower barrettes
- Gift Bag: Sunglasses, mini beach balls, flip flops
- Food: Punch in a bowl, fresh fruit, coconut cupcakes
Recipe: Mini Hawaiian Pizzas
- 1 package English muffins
- 1-8 oz. can pizza sauce
- 1 ¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- Place four muffins on tray. Top with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Add ham and pineapple to each muffin.
- Heat 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Repeat until all muffins are cooked. Cool before serving.