Don’t Wait to Start Thinking About Ottawa Summer Camps for Your Kids!
Many of us have fond memories of attending summer camp as children. From roasting marshmallows and telling scary stories to playing capture the flag, summer camp is a place where you meet new people and make memories that last a lifetime. As a result, many parents want that experience for their own children. The problem is choosing a summer camp isn’t as easy as it used to be! Thankfully, today, there are many different Ottawa summer camps to pick from.
To make the process a little less daunting, here are five tips to help you find the perfect fit for your child:
- Figure out what your child wants: The first and most important factor when browsing Ottawa summer camps is your child’s expectations (not to mention your own). Are they attending to learn a new skill? To pursue a hobby or passion? To spend time with friends? Or do they want to try something new? Whatever it may be, understanding what your child wants out of a camp is a must.
- Choose a schedule that works for you: This is another important factor, especially for parents who have a set work schedule. If you choose a half-day camp, you will have to make sure you can arrange transportation. Of course, there is also the question of day or overnight. Overnight camps can range from a few days to a few weeks, so it requires a bit more of a commitment and may not be the best fit for every child.
- Set a budget: Before you start looking at different Ottawa summer camps, you should determine what your budget will be. Different camps can have very different price points based on the facility, amenities, activities, staff, etc.
- Do some research: Choosing the perfect camp will require a little research. Look at reviews, ask friends, family and neighbours and if all else fails, go visit the camp and talk to the people who run it. It’s never easy to leave your child with a group of strangers, but a little research can go a long way in giving you the peace of mind that your child will be properly cared for.
- Determine the logistics: The last thing you should discuss when looking at different Ottawa summer camps are the actual details. For instance, will lunch be served, or will you need to pack a lunch for your child? Will transportation be provided? How far away is the camp? Will you need to purchase any new equipment or supplies?
There are many benefits to attending summer camp and a little initial planning can help ensure your child has the best camp experience possible.